The Episcopal Church
Loving. Liberating. Life-giving. The Episcopal Church welcomes you.
We Episcopalians believe in a loving, liberating, and life-giving God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. As members of the Anglican Communion in the United States, we are descendants of, and partners with, the Church of England and the Scottish Episcopal Church. The Episcopal Church is part of the third largest Christian group in the world. The Anglican Communion, consists of 85 million members within the Church of England and other regional and national member churches across 40 ecclesiastical provinces in more than 160 countries.
St. Mark’s Church & School is part of the Southeast Diocese of Florida, which itself has 76 Churches spanning 6 counties (Monroe, Hendry, Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, and Martin). The Right Reverend Peter Eaton has been the Bishop of Southeast Florida since January of 2016.
We have a legacy of inclusion, aspiring to tell and exemplify God’s love for every human being. To this end, women and men serve as bishops, priests, and deacons in our church, and laypeople and clergy cooperate as leaders at all levels of our church. Leadership is a gift from God, and can be expressed by all people in our church, regardless of sexual identity or orientation.
We believe that God loves you – no exceptions.
We encourage you to explore what it means to be an Episcopalian by visiting the following online resources:
· We believe in following the teachings of Jesus Christ, whose life, death, and resurrection saved the world. For more on what we believe, please visit the following webpage: https://
· For more information about the diverse and dynamic ministries of the Episcopal Church, please visit our national church website: http://www.
· For personal testimonies from people who are Episcopalians, we especially encourage you to visit the “I am an Episcopalian” webpage: http://www.
· We also encourage you to discover the exciting ways in which we are at work in the world: https://
· For more information about the Episcopal Church in Southeast Florida, please visit our Diocesan website: http://www.diosef.